Elton Rogozi (PhD)
Medical Entomologist & Rodentologist
Vectors' Control Unit,
Control of Infectious Diseases Department,
Institute of Public Health,
Str. A. Moisiu, Nr. 80, Tirana, ALBANIA.
Role and main activities in AIMCOST
Deputy of the WG1 leader
Deputy Task Leader: T1.1a Review, optimisation and ToK of AIM monitoring and surveillance
Member of the Management Committee for AIM COST
Dr. Elton Rogozi is working for 14 years as a Medical Entomologist and Rodentologist in the Institute of Public Health, Tirana, Albania since 2006. He is graduated for Special Biology in 2005), and did his Master of Science in Zoology (2008). In 2010 he was graduated for Diploma in Applied Parasitology and Entomology in Malaysia and got his PhD in 2013 in the Medical Entomology. His main research include the studies on the ecology, taxonomy and control of mosquitoes and rodents in Albania. He study the Anopheles malaria vectors, Aedes invasive species and Culex mosquitoes and their capacity and competency as vectors of pathogens in human. He is part of the commission that evaluate the dossiers for the importation of biocides in Albania. As well, he is involved as an expert of entomology in the 6 years long program of the mosquito control in the country for the entomological surveillance and monitoring of the process of mosquito larval control. His main interest is the researches focused on mosquitoes and their control. He has been part of several projects, has published several papers for mosquitoes and rodents, as well, he has participated with oral and poster presentations in Scientific Conferences and Congresses in Europe and Asia.
He is lecturer/pedagogue of "Health Education" in the University of Tirana in the Department of Biology for the second grade master students.
Five recent and relevant publications
1. Forecasting the spatial and seasonal dynamic of Aedes albopictus oviposition activity in Albania and Balkan countries, 2018. Cle´ment Tisseuil, Enkelejda Velo, Silvia Bino, Perparim Kadriaj, Kujtim Mersini, Ada Shukullari, Artan Simaku, Elton Rogozi, Beniamino Caputo, Els Ducheyne, Alessandra della Torre, Paul Reiter, Marius Gilbert, 2018. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 12(2): e0006236. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pntd.0006236.
2. Biting activity of some antopophilic mosquito species in Malaysia, 2012. Rogozi Elton, Rohani Bt. Ahmad and Zamree Ismail, 2012. Journal of International Environmental Application & Science, Volume 7, Issue 5, pp 894-900.
3. Distribution of Sandflies (Diptera, Psychodidae) in Two Ionian Islands and Northern GreeceKyriaki Xanthopoulou, Vassiliki Anagnostou, Vladimir Ivovic, Olgica Djurkovic-Djakovic, Elton Rogozi, Smaragda Sotiraki, and Anna Papa. September 15, 2011, pp 1-9. Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases. doi: 10.1089/vbz. 2011.0750.
4. Distribution and ecology of small mammals in Albania, 2012. Elton Rogozi, Ferdinand Bego, Anna Papa, Kujtim Mersini and Silva Bino, International Journal of Environmental Health Research, 23(3):258-68.
5. Genetic detection of hantaviruses in rodents, Albani Papa, A., Rogozi, E., Velo, E., Papadimitriou, E. and Bino, S. (2016), a. J. Med. Virol., 88: 1309–1313. doi: 10.1002/jmv.24486.