Short-Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) are exchange visits in a host organization located in a different country than the country of affiliation by a Researcher or Innovator. STSMs aim at supporting individual mobility, strengthening existing networks and fostering international collaborations. STSMs should specifically contribute to the scientific objectives of the COST Action, whilst at the same time allowing the Grantees to learn new techniques, gain access to specific data, instruments and/or methods not available in their own institutions/organisations. At the same time, the Host will expand its international contacts and develop long lasting collaborations.
We are happy to announce a new STSM call for Grant Period 4!
Note that in 2022 STSMs can be organised anywhere in the world, provided budget availability and MC approval of the scientific justification of the specific benefit of visiting the proposed Host.
Please consult Section 6.4 of COST Annotated Rules to establish whether you are eligible for reimbursement.
For this specific call for application, we will have the following schedule:
- Call for applications open date: 20th May 2022 and will be open until 31st July 2022
- We will evaluate the applications immediately after receiving them and grant the high quality ones.
- Approved STSMs take place from 1st of june 2022 to 15th October.
Please consult the following docs before preparing your application:
- Short Term Scientific Missions (STSM) rules (Revised 05/22)
- AIM cost Daily rates document
- AIM-COST STSM Verification Sheet
- COST Annotated Rules