Dr. Adolfo Ibáñez-Justicia
Centre for Monitoring of Vectors
National Reference Centre
Dutch Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority
Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality
6706 EA Wageningen
Adolfo Ibáñez-Justicia, Spaniard, PhD, is since 2010 a senior researcher employed at the National Reference Centre (NRC) of the Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA). Since then he worked on contingency plans, quick scans for new introduced insect species, and pest risk assessments. Since 2011 he focused his work at the Centre for Monitoring of Vectors (NRC-NVWA) on collecting, analyzing and publishing data on vector species, making habitat suitability models, and advising on surveillance and control actions against invasive mosquito species. His research interests are focused on surveillance, risk assessment and risk mapping of vectors of diseases.
Five recent and relevant publications
- IbañezJusticia, A., Poortvliet, M., Koenraadt, S. (2018). Evaluating perceptions of risk in mosquito experts and identifying undocumented pathways for the introduction of invasive mosquito species into Europe. Medical and Veterinary Entomology. 10.1111/mve.12344.
- IbañezJusticia, A., Teekema, S., den Hartog, W., Jacobs, F., Dik, M., Stroo, A. (2018). The Effectiveness of Asian Bush Mosquito (Aedes japonicus japonicus) Control Actions in Colonised Periurban Areas in the Netherlands. Journal of Medical Entomology. 55. 10.1093/jme/tjy002.
- IbañezJusticia, A., GloriaSoria, A., den Hartog, W., Dik, M., Jacobs, F., Stroo, A., (2017). The first detected airline introductions of yellow fever mosquitoes (Aedes aegypti) to Europe, at Schiphol International airport, the Netherlands. Parasites & Vectors. 10. 10.1186/s13071017-2555-0.
- IbañezJusticia, A. & Cianci, D. (2015). Modelling the spatial distribution of the nuisance mosquito species Anopheles plumbeus (Diptera: Culicidae) in the Netherlands. Parasites & vectors. 8. 258. 10.1186/s13071015-0865-7.
- IbañezJusticia, A., Stroo, A., Dik, M., Beeuwkes, J., Scholte, E.J. (2015). National Mosquito (Diptera: Culicidae) Survey in The Netherlands 2010–2013. Journal of Medical Entomology. 1. 114. 10.1093/jme/tju058.